- 8 oz (227g) high-quality dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup (120ml) heavy cream
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- Cocoa powder, chopped nuts, or powdered sugar for rolling
- Chop the dark chocolate finely and place it in a heatproof bowl.
- In a saucepan, heat the heavy cream and butter until it starts to simmer.
- Pour the hot cream mixture over the chopped chocolate and let it sit for a minute.
- Stir until the chocolate is completely melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Refrigerate for a few hours until the mixture is firm enough to scoop.
- Use a spoon to scoop out portions of the mixture, then roll them into balls.
- Roll the truffles in cocoa powder, chopped nuts, or powdered sugar.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.